Saturday, July 24, 2010

The official SAD no more Canadian Tour 2010 Blog starts TODAY!
Not that I doubted that the tour would ever start - but we have now have a 25ft sunburst (very bright and eyecatching) vehicle in front of our house, a living room full of posters, photos, banners, merchandise (did I say merchandise - we are talking head turning, no holds barred MERCH!), boxes and boxes of music CD's and the writing is on the wall - well not literally, we have not started sad no more graffitti yet (althought that is an interesting idea.....)


After 2 years of planning, organizing, training we are packing the RV over the next few days and are truly getting ready to go. The last week has been particularly chaotic with so much happening, so much to be done (so much yet to be done - I think I hear Monique yelling something about bringing something, again)  It's all exilarating and exhausting, incredibly exciting and terrifying all at the same time - to be honest - I LOVE IT!

What has been most outstanding to me to date is the encouraging feedback I have directly received from my patients - universally and unconditionally positive and supportive. Whether this be small gifts, baking (D and C - you are cookie-angels), a word of encouragement, advice, monies, secretarial help etc - so many, many people have been so kind and generous that I have been a bit overwhelmed and humbled (yes even dr j can be humbled).  

So not to get too syrupy on you, I leave you with a funny little quip - a total stranger came up to me yesterday, saw my sad no more shirt (the eye catching, head turning MERCH!!) and asked me what SAD HORMONAL was (???) - without batting an eyelid, I said I was going through "a change" and this was a sympathy tour for all women and men going through menopause or man-o-pause. He looked confused, but accepted the explanation and walked away - turned around and said - "good luck - it's a great cause!"  and so the story begins................

I'll post pix of merch and RV soon - you've gotta see all this stuff!!


FRAMED!
comments / heckles accepted

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Will be watching for you in August.

    (that's got to be a wonderful way to see the country, by the way, and frustrating at the same time -- no time to go see the sights)

    ReplyDelete