Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 2 - Give me HOPE and voila we are there!!

Good early morning start with a 10 km+ run through Surrey, then a beautiful cycle and team SNM made it to Hope BC just after 1pm. Pushed a bit and got good mileage in quickly so the day flew by, which allowed everyone to decompress just a bit after the adrenaline rush of yesterday.  Only got a single 1 finger salute from a logger and many, many toots and waves of support.

The day is dedicated to the charismasticallygregariouslywonderful Attwell family back in Victoria, if you don't know who they are you will need to read some of the earlier blogs. They deserve the dedication for their unconditional generosity to the start of this tour.  I must try to live by "Dave's Road Rules" at least 90% of the time - no one can be right ALL of the time!

Today went without a hitch, the weather was great, the legs felt great, Gab and Monique were great etc etc - I know every day of this tour won't go this smoothly so we will take day 2 and give high fives all around and secretly cross our fingers behind our backs.  It will take time to get the daily rhythm of things and we're slowly getting there.

And now a butt shot - this is all the photographers get to see for now. As soon as I get the camera I'll show you a bit of the landscape of Canada off the TransCanada - stay tuned...


Quotes of the day
Insist on yourself; never imitate... Every great person is unique
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
Nancie J Carmody



Funny quip of the day
We were stopped at a gas station when a wild haired guy walked by and asked what the tour was all about - after hearing the 10 second version, he said "hey man, that's easy - move to California....."
maybe he's right - Hollywood here I come (.........the long way)


LATE POSTING
Because I just didn't get enough exercise - we all went for a hike in the Othello Tunnels in Coquihalla   Provincial Park - quite spectacular canyons and rapids and the Kettle Valley railway tunnels.  A few pix to whet your appetite

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good team, pace and routines sure do help the life on the road! As does taking in the local sights and charms and opportunities to spread your good word. Nice to see Monique and Gabrielle and your butt! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique here with a quick note to say that the single 1 finger salute from the logger MAY have been my fault...I MAY have inadvertently cut him off in the merge lane but in my defense I must say that he was barreling down on my sweetie so I HAD to protect him!

    Monique

    ReplyDelete