Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fast and Wet into Swift Current

SNM Tour day #17

Card from Monique today
Cover "Remember, I'm behind you all the way."
Inside "and I'm ready to give you a swift kick in the ass whenever you need it!"
gotta love that woman (and I DO!!)


                                     here's where we started today
Rain threatened the entire day, but only got a few drops here and there and really couldn't ask for more.  The wind was challenging for the first half of the ride but calmed a bit thereafter so got at least a bit of a break to end things off.  With about 20 km to go, we passed a set of 3 cyclists, but given that it had just started to rain, I slipped by without stopping and talking, which I now regret.  Since coming out of BC, we have seen very few cyclists, so meeting anyone on a highway trek demands some acknowledgment.  Sorry team, maybe we'll meet later on and swap stories.

Got a very nice television interview with a Swift Current TV station - Southwest TV News and story should air shortly.  The reporter claimed that the area had been extremely wet and that she wasn't surprised that the day was overcast and spitting as that was a typical day lately.  This certainly is farm country, and we definitely knew that we were in RIDER NATION! (sorry about last year's Grey Cup guys, there will always be another chance in a decade or two - just kidding.....)
 

            Had a another riding partner for a bit but the pace killed him.....

Day Sponsor is Brian Hunter, thanks again for your support!

Random Quotes of the day
Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom
Phyllis Therous 

Choose your pleasures for yourself, and do not let them be imposed upon you
Lord Chesterfield  

I am a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it
Thomas Jefferson 

 

2 comments:

  1. Having grown up in Saskatchewan and having spent a lot of time there recently, I can assure you that the array of insects and rodents are just a welcoming, cheering committee. Dave and I, while running this summer in Sask, were swarmed by horseflies( any time we would stop they would bite...very motivating I found)...be grateful for the locusts and fat gophers my friend. :)
    Travel safely

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE card Monique! Perfect motivation I'd say! Glad the weather is holding up for you all!

    ReplyDelete