Friday, August 13, 2010

FRIDAY the 13th - it's all good - last day in CALGARY......

SNM Tour Day #13
Another day in Calgary doing media interviews with radio and television in and out of studios.  From an awareness point of view - things were very good (as hoped, in my home town). Thankfully not a day on the road with the constant rain and wind.  I don't have to bore you with the details of shopping and cleaning the Sunshine beast and re-organizing etc etc etc.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT for tomorrow - Saturday a.m. August 14th

I will be running from home to Edworthy Park and hope to meet and greet and start the cycle from Edworthy Park (by Angel's Cafe) at 0800 hrs.  If you want to come for support / encouragement / chat - please come along prior to start time.  If you would like to cycle - please do.  We will be going to Bassano tomorrow, but I'm sure many may want to just cycle to the outskirts of Calgary and then loop back - go as far as you feel comfortable and that would be great. Anything would be great! It is always good to have other riders along.  Monique and I are leaving Calgary and we won't be back home until November!!!!
 

Random quotes of the day

May I never miss a sunset or a rainbow because I am looking down
Sara June Parker


see you all tomorrow am - hope for just a bit of sunshine (and a bit of a tailwind would not be denied!)

Late news, just had the Last Supper at the Dort's (fish and loaves which seemed to keep multiplying) - wonderful as usual. Joe and Les,  if there are better friends in the world, I'm not sure who they are.

Also welcome to Calgary, Shamir and Ranu (so sorry if I am murdering the spelling). 

5 comments:

  1. Go, Dr. J! What an amazing journey this is for you and all your team. Best of luck as you carry on with your tour and please know that your hometown fans are awfully proud of you.

    - Leslie & Carl Molengraaf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're making good time and raising a lot of awareness. We were hoping to see you en route, but we're out of town for a board meeting. :( Even so, we wish you clear sailing and good press!

    - Mercedes & April

    ReplyDelete
  3. to everyone, phoned, emailed, texted words of encouragement
    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great and wowsi for those stats on depression. WOW...and how do you we those masses?

    ReplyDelete
  5. TED!

    I missed you in Calgary! I am aghast at this grievous misfortune. I relied on my "parental news network" in order to inform me of the specific time that I could see you roll through town, but alas, they didn't let me know until after.

    Using my parents as an excuse = weak. Mostly I'm just bummed that I couldn't help pump you up on your tour. Oh well. RIDE ON GOOD SIR! May you have good weather, good luck, strong legs and a clear mind.

    See you soon man,
    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete