Monday, August 9, 2010

Everything is GOLDEN (except the sky)

Day 9 SNM Tour

Got half the run in today in a bit of sun and then it clouded over and virtually rained the rest of the day and quite hard at that.  Despite this, made it into Golden in reasonable time, WET but HAPPY.



Picked up Lin today, who graciously agreed to spell Monique off for driving for a few days.  As she arrived I instantly got a flat.  My foot pump actually blew apart (never had this happen before) and I was wondering if we had picked up a bad luck charm.  Had no other incidents, so I guess we'll keep her.
Her 1st Anniversary was yesterday - happy Anniversary Lin and Jeff, may there be many, many more.

Very few cyclists on road today (DUH...) but met Carolyn heading for Banff





Went through Rogers Pass Summit and literally ripped through 8 tunnels at speeds which shouldn't be put in writing.  The mountain views were exceedingly ominous - peaks lurking in the fog and clouds all day long.

Able to get a few good shots, here and there, but mostly just tried to get the mileage in before I got too miserably wet.


Thanks to our Day Sponsor - Tom Fitchar of Homes by US Ltd.


random quote of the day
Our goal is not to have a problem free life but to conquer all the problems as they appear along our life-road
Sri Chinmoy


Trans Canada Trivia Time
We passed Rogers Pass today - is Rogers Pass Summit the highest elevation of the Trans Canada??
If not what is??

thought of diana as I went through the tunnels at full tilt
with paparazzi Monique and Lin at my heels............ 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Ted
    Been enjoying your blog daily!! Glad to hear all is going well, flat tire just a little hiccup! I also have to let you know that I appreciate the web site that you mentionned the other day morethanmedication.ca i have been reading different articles there as well,very insightfull. keep safe!
    michelle and gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. The merch is working! The other day someone asked what my cycling jersey was all about and I gave them the best explanation I could at a red light.
    We'll get the word out.

    can't wait to see you!

    love jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riding away from you on Monday was a difficult thing, having been witness to the flat, the pump issue, and leaving my wife behind with you.. but I knew you just needed to get back to the tour, and another ride-along shepherd wasn't going to speed it up for you. As for Lin..don't worry.. she's actually been very good luck for me, heh heh!
    I admire greatly what you're doing, and I'm grateful we can contribute in some way. You've done so much for Lin.. I know she admires you, and so do I. We'll be with you on the entire trip in spirit... you be careful. See you in Calgary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should all know that the said paparazzi needed to exceed the speed limit through the Rogers Pass tunnels to try to keep up with Speedy Gonzales. His garmin watch clocked his fastest time at 87.5 and the speed limit through those is actually 70 kms per hour.

    Monique & Lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey warren here. kicking horse pass is 1643 m, 316 m higher than rogers pass . i check blog daily to see whats going on my thoughts are with you,happy travels!

    ReplyDelete